The largest conference for Microsoft partners
Microsoft Inspire is currently the largest conference organized by Microsoft for Parnters. In the years 2003-2016 conference was organized under the brand "Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC)". This year Microsoft Inspire was held on July 15-19 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center and the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. During 5 days filled with many lectures, 15,000 participants took part in the event.
Inspire 2018 - trends in Microsoft technologies
The Inspire Conference is a great opportunity to learn about the trends in Microsoft technologies. What were the main topics of this year's edition?
- cloud (cloud computing),
- artificial intelligence (AI),
- Internet of Things (IoT),
- Big Data.
Azure achieved a record sales growth of 93%
One of the most interesting information presented during the conference was the high growth rate of Azure cloud sales. In the third quarter of the fiscal year (first calendar year), the increase was 93%. It also underlined the scale of the Azure global infrastructure which is currently available in 140 countries and offers a capacity of 1.6P/s, which is the best result among providers of this type of services. Azure has been described as a "global computer for everyone". The answer to this statement are services based on Azure such as: PowerApps, Power BI and Flow.
Other services also recorded an impressive increase in sales. Office 365 reached 42% and Dynamics 365 achieved a result of 63%.
Inspire 2018 - news about Dynamics products
- NAV and Business Central (On-Premise version and in the cloud) will keep the same codebase
- The potential for earning via AppSource is not fully realized, as there are still no mechanisms responsible for payment.
- Until future notice, Microsoft Dynamics (CfD) certification remains unchanged for On-Premise.
- Announced that: artificial intelligence will be in Dynamics 365 for Sales.
- The "Connect Cloud" on version On-Premise is planned, which will allow access to all services available only in the cloud. This service is promoted by the slogan: "intelligent edge" (Connect Cloud concept presented below).
It seems that a visit to the next Directions EMEA is recommended for everyone who looking for the latest information about Business Central. In addition to the Business Central announcement on the On-Premise version, you can expect more detailed information about NAV.
In summary, Microsoft Inspire 2018 is nearly 600 lectures about the latest trends and Microsoft technologies and above all itt's a great opportunity to "Inspiration" for the coming year.
Source: the article was created on the basis of official Microsoft materials and reports posted on the Internet.